JT Consulting, and Upani Diani http://upanidiani.com and Africa-X Show africaxshow.com, are real estate, hospitality and digital media establishments that provides services to our clients located around Africa and the world. We are seeking to fill the above vacancy. This is an opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious and dependable individual to grow with a growing company.
We are currently seeking a digitally-savvy and entrepreneurial minded trainee with a background and/or education in digital marketing, video editing, social media advertising, web development and/or digital analytics to work in Nairobi or remotely if out of the country.
This stipend-based internship position will allow the selected individual to serve our clients in real estate, leadership development and in start-up space through the programs we are creating. This position will enjoy the freedom to develop skills in any or all of the constituent tasks: social media campaign planning & execution, developing & testing ad creative, ad operations, budgeting & media buying, general digital marketing, email marketing and advertising & website reporting.
Trainees will also gain knowledge through direct interaction with our small team of staff, and clients. Preference will be given to applicants who have experience and/or demonstrable aptitude with some of the following tools and disciplines: Facebook Business Manager, Email marketing apps, Twitter Ads, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, other web and advertising analytics tools & platforms.
- Edit videos, create transcriptions, convert videos into content that can be used across social media and blogs such as IG anf FB stories, Youtube, etc
- If on location, be available for shooting on site on designated shooting days.
- Develop strategy and tactics to address organizational and client needs through paid and organic social & digital media
- Create, manage, and optimize social and digital media campaigns using Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/LinkedIn/Pinterest/Snapchat/Google advertising platforms.
- Conduct keyword and demographic research to inform targeting strategies within contextual advertising campaigns.
- Use analytics tools Google Analytics, and others available to create dashboards, reports, and other documents to update internal staff and clients as to campaign results.
- Design, develop and edit photos and videos to use in ads that compel people to take action.
- Design and edit websites using preset themes in WordPress
- Others tasks as will be assigned in your area of interest.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Student or graduate
- Demonstrable aptitude, interest in, and passion for digital marketing and web related projects.
- Knowledge of and at least some experience with the advertising interfaces on Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google AdWords, etc.
- Knowledge of and least some experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console, and other website tools in the Google suite.
- Comfort with basic stats and the ability to use data to show why, for example, one ad is performing better than another
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Powerpoint and Excel
- Plus: Some experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator or any other image creator.
Qualified candidates must also possess the following competencies:
- Exceptional communication both verbal and written
- Knowledge and understanding of company’s principles, policies, procedures and standards
- Ability to apply experience based knowledge and leadership skills toward organizational goals
- Strong sense of initiative, requiring little direct supervision
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable working independently or in a team
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to make decisions toward the objective of satisfying all brands
- Problem solving skills required
- Ability to work with difficult customers in difficult situations
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to self-troubleshoot
- Compensation: Trainees work a full-time schedule and are compensated for travel expenses if on location, or with a small stipend as well as on volume basis. The term of the traineeship is 6 to 12 months. Please do not apply if you will be working on any other job at the same time, apart from your school work. Candidates must be ready to commit to at least a 3 months work period and there is possibility for employment on good performance.
If you believe that your skills match the position, please apply by visiting the job page here and clicking “Apply Now”. You will be required to answer some questions in order to submit your application, applications with unanswered questions or that do not follow the instructions set out will be disqualified.
Only candidates that make it to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted.
The advertisement will remain open until the positions are filled, we are currently seeking 10 trainees.