Upani Homes and Real Estate Empire, is a hospitality company that runs vacation homes and bed and breakfasts for its clients located all over Africa and expanding to other locations in the next 12 months. We are seeking the above expertise in Nairobi and/or Mombasa. This is an opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious and dependable individual to grow with a growing company.
We seek artful Interior designers to undertake interior design for our clients located in Nairobi and/or Mombasa. You may handle projects in both locations, or just one. You will deal with design from conceptual development and liaising with the stakeholders to managing and executing the design. You will earn on a project basis based on the estimated time required to furnish a standard 2-4 bedroom property.
The goal is to design practical spaces but yet visually pleasing for clients’ needs.
1. Assessing a Client’s Needs
● Meet with the client or visit client premises in consultation with client to examine the space and understand the client’s preferences and budget constraints.
2. Creating a Plan and Specifications
● Create a design plan in conjunction with the client, using sketches, photos, and product samples for approval.
● After a rough design is agreed upon, provide estimates on the costs and sketches of the specifications for the required furniture, flooring, artwork, and lighting.
● Agree on a project timeline.
3. Ensuring that the Work is Completed on Time and on Budget
● Oversee and supervise the implementation of the design, including purchase manufacture, delivery, making sure that the timeline is met, and costs are kept within budget.
● After the project is finished, meet with the clients for a final review to they are happy with the work.
● Proven working experience in decorating interior spaces (consultations, renovations, space planning and new constructions)
● Expertise in layout, colour, lighting, materials selection, custom furniture and all installations.
● Excellent portfolio of previous works
● Creative talent, imagination and eye for design
● Communication and presentation skills
● Project management skills
● BS degree in Interior Design or similar
If you believe that your skills match the position, please apply by visiting the job page here and clicking “Apply Now”. You will be required to answer some questions in order to submit your application, applications with unanswered questions or that do not follow the instructions set out will be disqualified.
Only candidates that make it to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted. Deadline for Application is June 29th 2019.